Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Caravan Contest


We need something to do. Something stimulating that will get us thinking again and being our usual creative selves. We've been slacking in that department a lot recently. So, after thinking about what to do I realized that the last time we had some real fun around here was the Lord contest (Dorkout 07) from Dec. 07.
Rather than just have another strictly macho-fest I thought it'd be more interesting to use our brains and do something creative.
We're going to have a writer's competition. Here are the guidelines we have agreed to,

*Must be a new and original work. Cannot be something you wrote years ago and never showed anyone.
*Must be between 1,000 and 4,000 words. If you hit 4,100 you won't be disqualified, but try to keep it in the range please.
*Cannot be fan fiction of any sort. We're better than that.
*Must be a fiction piece. As interesting as some people can make hospital visits sound.....we've all heard them before.
*Contest will end 4/25 and all entries after will not be accepted.
*One entry per person.
*Winner will be picked up three judges, who will consist of whoever is more bored than we are.
*The prize the winner will get is....they will be the first to taste the new Snapple formula that the tv ads are bragging about. Or something else that the winner wants if they're not Snapple addicts like most of you are. I think it's a bit sad that's the only thing I could think up that you boys might want.

I'm hoping one of the judges we can get will be Nate's mom. She's been the editor of a city paper and has written whole novels that publishers say aren't bad, but not what they need. It'd be really exciting to have someone with that sort of experience as a judge. I don't know who else we can get. I'm looking into it.
To enter you will send me your story via email as an attachment then I'll post it on my new deviant art account. I'll post the link here and that will be that.
Look forward to reading everyone's! Good luck!

No comments: